Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ALS - Ice Bucket Challenge

 The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge started in July raising 5.7 million dollars in two weeks. Now, only a few weeks later, the public has raised 70.2 million dollars!! I know that social media gets a bad rap and for good reasons. But when as many people donate and get involved like they have been for the Ice Bucket Challenge, social media is an inspiring and innovative tool!

 I was nominated by my cousin Alex to participate. In doing so, I had to make a video, nominating three other people, drench myself in a bucket of ice water and most importantly, I had to donate money to Lou Gehrig's Disease aka ALS.

 I wish I could write more, but it is very late in the night and there are not enough hours in a day to do all the things I would like to do! If you feel like donating to ALS please do so HERE! (Canadians) and HERE! (Other)

IceBucketChallenge from HJunks on Vimeo.


 

5 comments:

Lisa-Jade said...

So great Haley!!! Clever idea to do it in the hot tub.

Lisa-Jade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa-Jade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tabitha Lee said...

That's so awesome that you did it in the hot tub! Love the fire/hot tub combo. You must be really enjoying the new place!

Jade Wright said...

Hahaha very clever to have done it in the hot tub bwahaha well done for taking part in it. Loved that you slowed it down as it was poured over you - made me cringe just thinking about it! Eeeeek.

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com