Friday, May 23, 2014

MHB- Week 24- Back At It

 It's my first week back at RushFit and even though I knew it was going to take a lot out of me to suck it up and just plunge back into it; I'm so glad I did. Working out doesn't just give me physical satisfaction it also cheers me up. Those endorphins get going and I'm in a chipper mood headed to work. The sun helps too!

TUESDAY

 Day 1- Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning. I ended up waking at God knows what time and remembered miraculously to set my alarm. Of course, being half asleep I set it for thirty minutes later than I wanted to get up. SO- I only did three rounds of my workout, but it was hard even after taking a two week break! I know.. the ab pictures are a bit douchey of me, BUT in my defense I've worked really hard to get a tummy like that and sometimes I see it in the mirror and I can't resist and snap a picture. It is a bit vain, but I'm going with it anyways..

THURSDAY-

Day 2- Strength and Endurance. It's time to come clean and explain that a couple of weekends ago, right when our hot water tank leaked I had a little spill and got a concussion. That was the main reason why I took a break from working out. So I took two weeks off of the RushFit and was hoping to get right back at it. Although, I found out that I need to take the RushFit easy. It was leaving me a bit light headed and dizzy, so I had to skip some of the really intense exercises and I only have been going to round three instead of all five rounds. I still feel like I had a good day and ended up taking pictures of Alina and I and my walk to work. So there's no proof that I actually worked out. You'll have to take my word for it!

FRIDAY-

 Day 3- Fight Conditioning quickly turned into Sleep Conditioning. On Thursday night I got the warning... THE soar throat that Rob had last week right before he caught Alina's hell of a cold. The pharmacist I worked with told me that there was a chance that I could still catch the cold even if I hadn't shown any signs of it while Alina and Rob were sick. I woke at 4 and felt pretty lousy. I decided that I wouldn't chance running myself down by working out in the morning. I chose sleep instead. Yes, I snapped a very sleepy photo of myself right before I dragged my lazy buns out of bed. The other picture is the sad, unused living room where I always set my stuff up the night before. (It's a motivational trick. If I set it up; I have to use it. This was the first time I have had to put my work out stuff away in shame and guilt....)

 There you have it- my sad attempt at working out with a lingering concussion and a creeping up nightmare cold.. Oh and side note- please don't worry about me- all is well in the health department and the fall was minor and I'm fine. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to make a big thing out of it.

 Happy Friday everyone. I tried to link up with Yoga Pants for #BackThatAzzUp but she was AWOL last Friday. I'm going to skip out on it today because I hear a little baby girl yelling for me to come and rescue her from her crib!










5 comments:

Brianna said...

I'm so glad you were able to get back into your workouts! And that's a GREAT motivational tip!! Ha! I also hope you're feeling better! A concussion AND sickness? Definitely not a good combination. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Way to go getting back into it. Sounds like a challenging week but you still did so well. :)

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

Aww so sorry to hear about the concussion! Hope you're feeling ok but yes definitely listen to your body! I'd be rocking the abs selfies of mine were that amazing too! ;)

Jade Wright said...

Ahhh that is GENIUS!! Set up your exercise equipment the night before and guilt-trip yourself into doing it. Love it. Done - I am trying that...... sometime........ uh...... soon....

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear that you haven't bee super healthy lately (cold, concussion, etc) And I don't think it's vain at all to photograph your tum! You should be proud of it! xx