Monday, March 24, 2014

This Post Sucks

 My first weekend is over and it was a nice one. On Friday Rob and Alina picked me up from work. Rob ordered sushi for pick up and we ate sushi when we got home. Alina was in really great spirits all weekend. I think she was just so happy to have us both there with her for two whole days. Friday night, we had a couple of beers and sang some songs that I had been wanting to see if I could sing. Rob's really good for asking me if I'd like to sing a song and then he plays and we harmonize a bit together. It's fun and not something we do all of the time.

 Cups (Pitch Perfect’s “When I’m Gone”) by Anna Kendrick on Grooveshark

(That was the song that Rob really wanted to hear me sing. It went well and we sounded pretty good!)

 On Saturday Alina slept until 8:30 - thank you child! We ended up having a very lazy day. But that was fine because in the evening, I got together with my girlfriend Kim and we went out for a couple of drinks. There's a fancy restaurant just down the street from where I live and they have a lounge connected to it. It was pretty pathetic because there were only a few people there and the atmosphere was a bit awkward. But we made it work and we were grateful for the escape from mommy-hood to have a couple of drinks and to gab together.


 Sunday afternoon, we took Alina swimming. Then we went over to my mom's for dinner. She ordered chinese food. There is nothing better than getting chinese for supper and not having to pay! It was a real treat. Plus, I always feel all warm and fuzzy when we have dinner with my mom at her place. It just feels right. I suck because I only ended up taking pictures of Alina all weekend and nothing else. But there really wasn't anything else worth taking pictures of. It's nine on Sunday evening as I write this. I prepped a bunch of future 'Alina Meals' for the week. I went grocery shopping for all of our meals so that I won't have to buy or think up anything for dinner. My laundry is all done and my house is in some kind of order. I'm ready for the week ahead, even though I'm feeling super exhausted. My cold feels like it's at the end and I'm ready to attack a full week of workouts including the cardio this week. I'm feeling pretty beat, so I hope to get to bed early-ish tonight.


 Yes, this post sucks. I'm sorry. I'm working on balancing my new routine and keeping up with my blog posting. I'll do better next time. I actually have one written for Wednesday already, that should be a bit more entertaining/educational.. (That all depends on if you drink..!) 

How was your weekend?
Oh and Amanda's boyfriend Sam (from her Rhyme and Ribbons blog) asked a really cool question on his Boys Behind The Blog post the other day; Who would play YOU in a movie of your life? 
Or- who do you think would play ME in a movie of my life?

 Amanda, I thought about who would star in your movie the other night and I couldn't come up with a good answer. I thought of Zooey Deschanel, but that was too obvious and easy. So I slept on it and Emily Blunt seemed like the perfect match for you. Besides, you are an english girl at heart.


 


9 comments:

Amanda said...

Your weekend sounds lovely. (Except for the cold and exhausted part.) And i really want to hear you sing! Emily Blunt is gorgeous so I am very flattered by the comparison! I finally decided on yours! Brunette Reese Witherspoon. Like in her June Carter Cash days. x

Unknown said...

Yay for 2 whole days with your little family. That sounds like the perfect weekend. Snuggling, family time, and chinese food?!
Our weekends sound similar because I spent all day yesterday grocery shopping, making meals to eat later in the week and doing laundry. Honestly I love Sundays for that. Relaxing and prepping for the week.
I hope you kick this cold soon!!! Have a good Monday :)

Alex[andra] said...

It's nice that you got to have some girl time and get a drink or two with your friend!

The pictures of Alina are adorable, as usual. It's totally fine that that's all you really took pictures of :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, for the weekend. Drinks with a girlfriend sounds awesome. I haven't done that in a long time. I did however go to the movies this weekend and see Divergent with my sister-in-law. Yay!

Rachel said...

Sounds like the perfect kind of weekend--got a few useful things done, had some family fun--that's awesome! One time I took some random 'Who would play you in a movie of your life' and got Helen Mirren. I mean, I guess I'm in good company because she played the Queen, too...but I'm 22... :P

Jade Wright said...

I had to laugh at the title of this post.... I often have no idea what to call mine and feel like writing something similar!

Who would play you... well.. I had a long, hard think and thought Drew Barrymore!?!? My brother is so in love with her and already told his wife if she comes to town he's leaving her hahahaha.. so he'll be the first to buy a front row ticket to the movie :)

For the record though.. no... this post did not suck :)

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

Happy Fit said...

Great Post, Haley! Not sucky at all. Way to hang in there on your first week back, make time for R and R and exercise too. AND blog posting to boot, which is not easy (my new goal is 5 posts a week, Fri and Sat off completely - it's no joke, and I don't even have a "real job" lol) so yeah, you're doing great :)

Unknown said...

No way was this sucky! I think I've told you before how I struggle with updating my blog regularly and fitting in blogging with the rest of my life. You do it so well, and it is interesting and helpful to hear how you are fitting it in now that you're back at work. It's always encouraging to hear about that side of blogging. I'm glad you had a date with your friend! This weekend my best friend came to visit and we had a great time, too. We rode bikes and watched a ton of movies. It was perfect.

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

I'm so impressed that you got all prepared for the week - hopefully it is going well!! I hope you are feeling better, too! We got pretty prepared on the weekend, and then we are in a bit of a tailspin today because we are both working from home WITH Molly (thank you hurricane in almost April ;)). Mmmm I am craving chinese food and it sent me into labour with Molly so we were planning to have it this weekend, yum!!