Friday, March 21, 2014

MHB- Week Seventeen- With A Cold

It was my first week of working a full time job and working out in the mornings before. It went well. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be. I did skip my cardio days again but I had good reason to. This week was full of  adjustments in every way and I think I did a good job of getting into the groove of our new routine. Plus, I caught Alina's horrid cold on Tuesday. Darn it- bad timing!

MONDAY-

Day 1- Strength and Endurance. My first morning before my first day of work. I was up at 6 am and I was working out by 6:12. I was cutting some corners, as in quitting a few seconds before I was supposed to. I struggled a bit with this workout because my mind was distracted. I'm sure next week will be better.

TUESDAY-

Day 2- Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning. I am demonstrating round five in all of the pictures that Rob took of me on Tuesday. I start with a Back Bend and end the round with the Mountain Climber and I'm showing those exercises in the top photo.

  I do the Nevasana for 5 seconds and then transition into a Hindu Push-Up for about 3 seconds and then repeat. I enjoy this as my fifth round because it's challenging but it's not explosive, but more of a rhythmic exercise.

WEDNESDAY-


 Day 3- Cardio. But guess what.. yeah, you guessed it; I didn't do it. I'm sick! It seems like another excuse, but it is what it is. I got a cold on Tuesday and I did not feeling like getting up and dragging my butt to the gym. So I slept in an extra forty five minutes! It was wonderful. Wednesday is also the day that Alina stayed home and had my mom watch her. It poured and rained on my walk home from work and then there was a cute bunny in our front yard that we were tossing carrots at. I just love bunnies- they're so cuuute!

THURSDAY-

Day 4- Strength and Endurance. This was a repeat exercise and Rob decided to have a little sleep in because he is also sick with this cold, so my pictures are pretty limited. I was slow moving, but I did the workout anyway. It was more challenging and I worked up a sweat much quicker. But I didn't want to skip a RushFit workout because I know that I'm skipping my cardio again this week.

FRIDAY-


 Day 5- I skipped my cardio again. I decided on Thursday morning to skip it because I knew I would appreciate the sleep in. Plus cardio can be much more challenging when my body is run down. It's important for me to be healthy so that I can work and take care of Alina. Plus- it's also important to say no every once in awhile. It's kind of liberating. (As long as I don't make a habit out of it!) Take note that I haven't skipped an actual RushFit workout yet and I don't plan on it! Friday is jeans day at work- so I was sporting my denim. It's already looking like a gorgeous day out there- bonus! Alina and I got our little snuggle in with a bottle feed before I set off to work. Have a great Friday everybody!

Links to my MHB posts from the past to check out my progress:

MHB- Week 1     MHB-Week 2     MHB-Week 3     MHB-Week 4     MHB-Week 5                                                                                                                                                         
MHB-Week 6     MHB-Week 7     MHB-Week 8     MHB-Week 9     MHB-Week 10    

4 comments:

Alex[andra] said...

Look at you, waking up early to work out, going to work, then coming home to be with your family! You're such an inspiration! Sorry to hear you caught Alina's cold. Boo. Totally okay to skip the cardio though!

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

Way to go keeping up with your workouts!! it is sooo hard to do cardio with a cold...I think the rest was more important for sure! Also, jealous of that last picture where you can see your toes!! ;)

Amanda said...

It's so impressive that you've kept it up now that you're back at work! And it's important to say no sometimes, I agree! Looking great! X

Anonymous said...

Way to go on keeping up with it and returning to work! Hope you had a great week back. :)